This group focuses on supporting caregivers of autistic adults. Guidelines for staying on topic:
1) The topic and/or context should be about supporting caregivers of autistics. Discussions about caregivers for other groups of people are irrelevant unless linked to autism.
2) The topic should be based on scenarios that can be encountered in the real world. Topics about imaginary scenarios and magical worlds are not relevant.
3) The topic should be related to caregivers of autistics who are confirmed to be on the spectrum, or otherwise believe that they are on the spectrum. Discussing about caregivers of people who have never mentioned about being on the spectrum, such as Bill Gates and Albert Einstein, are not relevant.
4) The topic should be related to caregivers of autistics who are alive, or at least have some connection to life in the modern era (i.e. within the lifetime of the group participants). Discussing about life in the 19th century or earlier will be irrelevant.
5) Caregiver support will cover a wide range of topics which may overlap with other topics in the chat groups, such as the daily life issues and employment options of adult autistics. Where overlaps occur, the topics should be discussed on the caregiver chat group first and then be brought over to the other groups if the conversation is inadequate for exploration.
If you must really mention something irrelevant that is connected to a relevant topic currently under discussion, then remember to end it within three mentions.
Participants are welcome to share their experiences when it is relevant to do so. As there are many people who have shared about their autism experiences already, participants are advised to focus on depth, quality, and uniqueness. Share something that you don’t usually hear from other works on autism or something that gives a twist to the ordinary.
Do note the rules about keeping the group spam-free. If you must share a long essay or article, please upload it on a blog, website, Google Drive or other online services first, then share the link for us to read at our leisure.