This group focuses on health and biomedical issues. Guidelines for staying on topic:
1) The topic and/or context should be about the physical health and biomedical issues affecting the human body. Mental Health issues is not relevant here. Please discuss them on Spiritual and Mental Health Interest Group instead.
2) The topic should be based on scenarios that can be encountered in the real world. Topics about imaginary scenarios and magical worlds are not relevant.
3) We recommend that, where possible, the topics discussed have a practical goal of making the autistics healthier.
4) We (autistic adults) are not interested in approaches that claim to cure autism (can be shared for knowledge but NOT to endorse it or encourage it). There are many other groups you can join if you like to discuss that topic. [Just to clarify, we believe that biomedical approaches can help improve the quality of life of many autistics and decrease behavioural issues, but these do not cure autism.]
5) The topic of health-related treatments and therapies will come up – with both scientific and alternative approaches. In the interest of keeping an open mind, we welcome everyone to share all their different approaches.
6) Promotion of health products and services are fine, provided that they are related to physical health and biomedical issues. You can share if people ask, but keep it brief. You can reach out to interested members privately to give details but don’t spam the group.
7) Any soliciting or recruitment for MLM and investment opportunities will result in an immediate ban. You have been warned.
Participants are welcome to share their experiences when it is relevant to do so. Where possible (though not a must), you can help enhance the quality of the discussion by sharing something that you don’t usually hear from other works on autism or something that gives a twist to the ordinary.
If you must share a long essay or article, please upload it on a blog, website, Google Drive or another online service first, then share the link for us to read at our leisure.